WANDA for case mediators
Professional methodological knowledge is of little value without the training of a professional personality. We can only become good professionals with the help of others, by giving and receiving feedback. Nowadays, burnout and loss of motivation is one of the most recurrent risk factors. This case-study offers a novel solution to this problem, with an easy-to-apply, transferable method. Using the WANDA method, positive psychology [...]
A professional methodological knowledge is worth little without the training of a professional personality. We can only become good professionals with the help of others, by giving and receiving feedback. Nowadays, burnout and loss of motivation is one of the most recurrent risk factors.
Participants are supported by their own professional community to learn new methods, develop professionally and improve their skills.
Our WANDA case conferences with practising mediators are always sold out. For us, this shows that there is a great need for professional self-reflection, especially if it can take place in a safe, confidential atmosphere.
How does the method work?
- During the case discussion, participants will gain external perspectives
- This helps them to understand the source of the problem so that they can find their way to their own new solutions.
- We use creative tools such as Dixit cards and LEGO figures to help us change the perspective.
What results can participants expect?
- They will be able to change your perspective the method and the people involved.
- They learn about the intentions, feelings and motivations behind the cases: they gain deeper insightt to the situation.
- In addition to the cognitive levels, the use of creative tools can also activate the deeper, intuitive structures, thus transforming the case manager's relationship to the case and his or her perspectives on the solution.
- Regular case conferences can reduce the risk of burnout.
- They can move away from the problem and so find their own solutions more easily with the active contribution of others.
- Meanwhile creative toolswe use. These can help you to break out of your habitual thought patterns and move beyond stuckness
- The result: liberated thinking together, uplifting strength, and significant personal development, progress.
The case meeting is worth 10 credits for IM registered mediators and is therefore eligible for the continuing training scheme.