A For better health, for us, with us our childcare resources used in the programme are now available as a free download. intercultural mediator trained health assistants are used to provide information to Roma communities living in difficult circumstances through community programmes. The documents can also be useful for public health nurses, paediatricians, teachers, social workers and all professionals working with communities in difficult circumstances where health awareness and parenting skills are important. The publications are produced by the Hungarian Red Cross in the framework of the Swiss Primary Care and Development Model Programme, and also include material in Hungarian from the professional partners of the Partners Hungary Foundation.
Themes of the documents:
- How can we create a safe environment in our homes for our children?
- Why is play important for children's development and what toys should they play with?
- Healthy feeding in infancy and after one year of age
- What are the stages of early childhood development?
- What can I do as a parent to make my child feel emotionally and physically safe in the world around them?
- How can I help my family develop habits that will help my child develop properly?
- How do I find a good nursery or school for my child? How can I build a good relationship with teachers?