7000 laptops for refugees fleeing war
HP Inc. is donating 7,000 laptops to children fleeing war aggression and their families, as well as to organisations and educational institutions supporting them. The devices are being donated through the International Step By Step Association by the Business Coalition for Education and TheirWorld, of which HP Inc. is a member.To ensure the proper storage of the laptops, Raben [...]
HP Inc. is donating 7,000 laptops to children fleeing war aggression and their families, as well as to organisations and educational institutions supporting them. The devices are donated through the International Step By Step Association by the Business Coalition for Education and TheirWorld, of which HP Inc. is a member.We are assisted in the professional storage of the laptops by the generous support of the Raben Group. The donation is distributed in Hungary by Partners Hungary Foundation.
In the first round, we are launching a call for applications for NGOs, organisations and their clients that help refugees. tender opportunities. In our second round, we are now looking to provide opportunities for educational institutions.
Partners Hungary considers it of utmost importance to mitigate the consequences of the humanitarian disaster caused by the war in Ukraine on 24 February 2022, especially to support the access to education and integration of families, children, adult education students or, in justified cases, persons who cannot be classified in any of these categories, who are fleeing to Hungary or are forced to flee within the borders of Ukraine.
Based on the donor's intentions, the laptops will be distributed mainly to refugee organisations, formal and informal groups, organisations and institutions with educational and public education functions, as well as to teachers, refugee children and families.
We have published two types of call for proposals:
- The call for applications for NGOs, organisations and their clients supporting refugees (civil laptop application form), and
- The call for applications for educational institutions, organisations, associations, professionals and their pupils and students providing educational services - this call (educational laptop application form)
Where is the programme now?
By mid-January 2023, 2 application rounds closed. A decision on further rounds is expected before the end of January.
Call for applications for NGOs
- 77 winning applicants
- more than 3700 laptops awarded
- more than 100 electronic contracts concluded
- more than 2000 laptops already received and, after installation, handed over to the beneficiary refugees and asylum seekers
Call for proposals for educational institutions (closed 9 Jan):
- 50 winning applicants
- More than 1500 laptops awarded
- Almost 100 pallets of equipment were delivered to the 3 warehouses offered by the Raben Group.
- 1 warehouse emptied by early January thanks to transfers
- We have signed a contract with our new sponsor, the Raben Grouppal, who will ensure that the laptops are properly stored throughout the programme until they reach the end users.
We are grateful to the organisations with whom we have been able to work in partnership to create this ambitious programme:
- HP Inc.
- International Step by Step Association
- Global Business Coalition for Education
- Raben Group