Development-focused case discussion for mediators - for credit!
A version of the WANDA case discussion method specifically for mediators!
The WANDA case narrative offers mediators the opportunity to explore in a structured way, in a confidential environment, the problems and stalemates that they do not yet have a solution to. The group chooses which participant's case to work with - usually the one that offers the greatest learning opportunity for the participants.
Despite methodological differences, colleagues working according to different mediation schools benefit a lot from case discussion sessions, because these methodological differences are transparent during the case discussion and transform them into learning opportunities.
How does the method work?
- Participants tell their own stories in the group, in complete confidentiality.
- The group chooses the one case to work on.
- The facilitator, who is an experienced mediator himself, will accompany the participants through the five steps of the case discussion process and help to keep the focus on the mediation issues.
- During the case discussion, participants will gain outside perspectives, new ideas and experience that they are not alone in their dilemmas, thus gaining strength to continue.
- And creative tools and exploring the perspectives of those involved help the case manager to understand the source of the problem so that they can find their way to new solutions.
What results can participants expect?
- They will be able to change your perspective the method and the people involved.
- They learn about the intentions, feelings and motivations behind the cases: they gain deeper insightt to the situation.
- In addition to the cognitive levels, the use of creative tools can also activate the deeper, intuitive structures, thus transforming the case manager's relationship to the case and his or her perspectives on the solution.
- Regular case conferences can reduce the risk of burnout.
- They can move away from the problem and so find their own solutions more easily with the active contribution of others.
- Meanwhile creative toolswe use. These can help you to break out of your habitual thought patterns and move beyond stuckness
- The result: liberated thinking together, uplifting strength, and significant personal development, progress.
The case meeting is worth 10 credits for IM registered mediators and is therefore eligible for the continuing training scheme.
The minimum size of the caseworker is 7 and the maximum is 15.
How to apply:
- Fill in the application form by 18 October 2022!
- Wait for the confirmation email, which will include the invoice.
- Pay the application fee, on receipt of which you will receive a Zoom link to the training course.
- A certificate of participation, worth one credit point, will be sent by post after the training.