Restorative practices training 2022
In view of the great interest shown organise online training in restorative practices for professionals working in pre-school, schools and social services, using the Zoom app.
We welcome you to our training:
- teaching assistants
- social workers
- social workers in nursery schools
- pre-school and school psychologists
- family and child welfare professionals
- running a school, a maternity home, a family transition home
- professionals working with young people
The training is a 3-day course, not yet accredited in social and pedagogical sciences.
Date of training:
1-2-3 December 2022, 09:00-17:00
What are restorative practices?
Restorative processes, like mediation, return conflicts to the people involved. The aim of restorative models is to create a supportive community and strengthen relationships so that there is space and opportunity for community members to indicate if a decision is not the right one before an incident occurs. This will allow us to focus on repairing the damage and making amends when things do go wrong.
Restorative practices bring theoretical and practical frameworks and methods into the life of kindergartens and schools, where community members - including children - are empowered:
- work together to prevent situations of conflict and abuse,
- to work together on the impact of what has happened and to take responsibility for their future roles and responsibilities.
How much does it cost?
The total cost of the training is 115,000 HUF, but we know that the education and social sectors are resource-poor and that many motivated, committed professionals are unable to fund the training themselves. So now, thanks to external support, 10 teachers and social professionals working with educational institutions are able to benefit from a very reduced price, for 35.000 forints can participate in the training. It is advisable to have at least two participants from each institution, so that professionals can support each other in the introduction of newly learned methods.
The discount is conditional on:
- by e-mail to the participant (firstname.lastname@example.org) state the reasons for the request
- is committed to the use of Restorative Practices in his/her participating institution and has the support of the head of the institution to do so. Confirmation of this will be requested by email or telephone from the head of the institution.
SIGN UP ON THE REGISTRATION FORM ON THE DEDICATED PAGE BY 20 NOVEMBER!
What do I get from the three-day restorative training?
- A short theory with clear examples of what a restorative approach is and how it helps the preschool-school community.
- A clear, up-to-date theoretical framework will help participants to make a real change of mindset.
- Practical tools that can be immediately applied in everyday school situations, whether it's preventing or dealing with conflict and bullying, in or out of class.
- A practical, summary manual of methods and their applications, with a reflective diary to support the learning process.
- Effective questions and techniques for leading roundtable discussions
- Tools on how to respond to serious misbehaviour at school.
The training starts with a minimum of 8 participants. Maximum number of participants: 16.
The training's customer service is located at 1072 Budapest, Rákóczi út 22. IV./24.
Contact details of the trainer's customer service: email@example.com
The Partners Hungary Foundation's Restorative Team